The Anderson Gallery announces a robust schedule of events and programming for Threads Laid Bare, an exhibition of contemporary textiles and fiber arts curated by Emily Newman.
Here is our tentative schedule so you can add events to your calendar. We plan to host events online and stream them live on our Facebook account.
How to view: Login to Facebook and go to our page. Check out our video tab to see it Live. Or, stay on your home page and go to more (on the left on a computer and on the bottom right on your phone) and select the Watch tab to see all Live videos. After each event, we will edit the recorded video and upload them to the gallery’s YouTube channel and to our mobile phone virtual exhibition experience.
- Thursday, September 3 at 7:00pm,, CST = Curator Emily Newman will give a virtual tour and talk in place of our opening reception.
- Thursday, September 10 at 7:00pm, CST = Artist Talk by Katya Oicherman
- Saturday, September 19 from 1-2pm, CST = Demonstration and Online Mending Session with Catherine Reinhart
- Thursday, September 24 at 7pm, CST = Artist Talk by Indira Allegra
- Saturday, September 26 at 11am, CST = Felting Demonstration and workshop with Cynthia O’Hern
- Thursday, October 1 at 7pm, CST = Discussion with artists Ann C. Clarke and Anna Carlson
- Wednesday, October 7 at 7pm, CST = Discussion with artists Guen Montgomery and Nicole Davis
- Thursday, October 8 at 7pm, CST = Artist Talk by Jiseon Lee Isbara
- Monday, October 12 at 7pm, CST = Discussion with artists Alanna Stapleton and Sophia Ruppert